13 January 2018
qube v3 Release Notes
A new update of Qube is available! This version features spotlight: hover over a user’s name in the sidebar for one second, and qube will spotlight your person of interest (they’ll even jump and down!) -
A few other features to spotlight:
Start meetings with your personal Zoom link
Just enable ‘Always use Zoom Personal Meeting ID to start meetings’ under settings (the gear icon) in Qube. (Note - meetings with PMIs will take longer to start, so enable only if you use personal Zoom links, and consider starting conference room/auditorium meetings a minute or two early).
Automatic Time Zone Detection
For the wanderers and world travelers! Qube will now auto-detect and update your timezone for your traveling convenience.
Never miss a notification again if you’re on Windows and using Remote Desktop! The last 10 knock/invite events will now be listed in your history (available under settings (the gear icon)).
And now, to spotlight a few bugfixes:
- It turns out that not everyone appreciated spontaneous office resizes. Fair enough. Office sizes will now remain exactly as you left it last.
- Themes are now available in the customize panel (accessed by clicking your avatar in the upper left corner), and timezone has been moved to settings. Yes, this means that our menu options are now logically grouped! Order has been restored!
- Users are now ordered by when they entered a space. I don’t want to call anyone out, but I suspect some people will be very happy to be at the end of the line again for reading retro notes.
- Back by/BRB times now behave correctly when you’re on right on the border between 11am and noon. No more awkward back by 12:30AM statuses!
- Military time without the colons is now supported, because that’s how real military people tell time.
- Watch icons are no longer visible for people in the same private office as you. This means you can’t creep on people that you’re with, and that’s important, okay!
- Slack’s newest API (3.0) seems to be a lot more demanding. Hmmm. Fine. We gave in.